Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Recent Projects

It seems I only find the time to post about once a month! Hopefully I can find the time to post more often...but something always seems to take priority.

I have been working on a few small projects here and there.  Nothing huge or even very time consuming...I have found that sometimes I enjoy the small projects most.  I also got two new bag patterns, and hope to be making a couple of new bags here in the near future.  I will keep you posted...but for now, here are some fun and simple projects that you can do too!


I love to make nursing covers.  They are SUPER simple and a lot of fun to put together.  I especially love picking out the fabric...that is my favorite part.  I found this tutorial on one of my favorite sites- Prudent Baby.  They have ideas for so many wonderful things, I could brouse their site for days.  You can check them out and find the tutorial HERE.


This one I kind of made up on my own- but they are really easy.  Numbered Bean Bags.  I made these for my nephew who recently turned one.  I bought three different colors of felt from JoAnns, the kind on the bolt.  Cut out numbers and made beanbags (using rice instead of beans, it's more affordable).  I had fun with this...and will probably make a set for my little guy as well.

Lastly, can you guess from the picture what my next project was??


 

If you guessed the tie, then you are correct!  I had bought this pattern a while back and recently found the time to try it out!  I was really happy with the results and can't wait to make more.  The pattern I used was from Little Londyn: Little Guy Ties  I purchased my pattern from a local quilt shoppe - but you can purchase them online as well.  The pattern includes 5 different ties- even one for daddy as well!  I will definitely be making my boys matching ties...won't that be fun! 

What projects have you been working on?!
Until next time (hopefully it won't be another month)!  Happy sewing.  

1 comment:

  1. ok now make me one of everything! hahaha just kidding. love you!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

 

Cinderella Sews | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates